DUBLIN, Mar 03, 2017 /PRNewswire/ —
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the “Thermal Barrier Coatings: Global Markets” report to their offering.
The Global Market for Thermal Barrier Coatings (TBCs) Totaled $834.9 Million in 2016 and Should Total Nearly $1.1 billion in 2021 at a Five-Year CAGR) of 5.6%
The report provides a review of the thermal barrier coating technologies industry and its structure, and the OEMs, MROs, manufacturers of PMA equipment and surface technology expert coaters involved in providing these coatings.
The competitive position of the main players in the TBC market is well protected due to license restrictions by OEMs (e.g., GE Aviation, Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Safran) for sharing TBC solutions for hot section gas turbine for aircraft, particularly the high-pressure blades and vanes.
Manufacturers of PMA parts have received approval through aircraft regulating agencies such as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and National Aero and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program (Nadcap). This has narrowed down the competition in TBC related solutions applied to gas turbines used in aircraft. On the other hand, gas turbines used in the power generation industry and other industrial stationary applications have a large number of approved MROs globally to repair and recoat the thermal barrier coatings on the hot section of gas turbines that undergo high-pressure blade/vane repair. These MROs follow approved quality certification procedures of OEMs (e.g., GE, Siemens, Rolls-Royce) for the bond coat and top coat.
The forecast tables represent the estimated value of the thermal barrier coating technologies added to the components of gas turbines and diesel engines as manufactured by the OEMs, MROs, PMA parts companies and coaters. In this report, the term revenue is equivalent to, and is used interchangeably with purchases, demand and sales. All growth rates mentioned in the tables and text are based on compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) from 2016 through 2021. Because current 2016 dollar measures are used, these growth rates thus reflect the growth in volume or real growth, including the effects of price changes and changes in product/service mix.
Key Topics Covered:
– Study Goal And Objectives– Reasons For Doing The Study– Intended Audience– Scope Of The Report– Methodology– Information Sources
2: Executive Summary
– Competitive Landscape And Key Vendors
4: Market Segmentation
– Thermal Barrier Coating Market By Architecture– Thermal Barrier Coating Market By Application Industry– Thermal Barrier Coating Market By Deposition Process– Thermal Barrier Coating Market By Type Of Provider– TBC Applications In The Hot Section Components Of Aircraft Gas Turbines By Firing Temperature– TBC Applications In The Hot Section Of Power Generation Gas Turbines And Industrial Gas Turbines By Firing Temperature– TBC Applications In Marine Diesel Engines By Firing Temperature
5: Technology Overview
– Role Of High Intake Gas Temperature To Obtai! n Higher Gas Turbine Efficiency– Gas Turbine Engines Concept And Construction Hot Section Components– Operating Mechanism Of Oxidation And Corrosion And Role Of TBC In The Hot Section Components Of Gas Turbines
6: Thermal Barrier Coating Applications
– Thermal Barrier Coatings In Aircraft Gas Turbine Engine Applications– Thermal Barrier Coatings Used In Power Generation Gas And Industrial Gas Turbine (Igt) Engines– Thermal Barrier Coatings In Diesel Engines
– Overview– U.S. Patent Activity In TBC Technology By Assignee Country– U.S. Patents On Thermal Barrier Coating Technology
8: Industry Structure
– Competitive Landscape And Key Vendors– Marine Diesel Engines– Industry Developments
9: Company Profiles
– OEM Suppliers Of Aircraft Gas Turbines– OEM Suppliers Of Power Generation Gas Turbines– MRO Service Providers For Aircraft! Gas Turbines– MRO Providers For Power Generation Gas Tu! rbines – MRO Providers For Both Aircraft And Power Generation Gas Turbines– PMA Providers Of Aircraft Parts– PMA Providers Of Parts For Power Generation Gas Turbines– Independent TBC Coaters Of Both Aircraft And Power Generation Gas Turbines– Manufacturers/Suppliers Of TBC Materials And Coating Equipment
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cg4vnh/thermal_barrier
Research and MarketsLaura Wood, Senior Managerpress@researchandmarkets.com
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716